I love my daughter with my whole heart and soul and would not change a single thing as far as she is concerned.
But . . .
There are a few things that I miss about life before mama-hood.
- I miss being able to go to the bathroom by myself. I thought it was bad when she was little but I swear it has gotten worse as she has gotten older. I have to lock the door to be able to pee in peace. That's just not right.
- I miss being able to eat the food on my plate without out having someone (Ahem, Kaylee) wanting a bite of whatever is on my plate. And this happens constantly. Even if she has already eaten something, I must share with her.
- I miss being able to spontaneously up and go. Once you have kids going anywhere requires lots of planning. And if you are going somewhere kids can't go, then you have even more planning to do.
- I miss having alone time. And I mean having more than thirty minutes to myself. I want a few hours. To myself. All alone.
- I miss having lazy days. It seems like once you have kids you are always on the go. To the doctor. To school. To soccer/baseball/football/softball or some other sporting/extra curricular event.
I'm sure I could sit here and come up with a list longer than this but these are the things that stand out to me. These are the things that I miss the most about life before motherhood.
What about you, what do you miss?
Linking up with Mama Kat and her Pretty much WORLD FAMOUS Writer's Workshop.
I chose prompt #5: Share something you miss from before you were a mom.
Check it out, choose a prompt and link up yourself!